Saturday, September 03, 2005

on letting go

i have been praying
that you wont leave me hanging around
that it would be your voice that will wake me up each morning
that we'll walk together,hand in hand

it has been so long
since i uttered those prayers
and it has troubled both my mind and my heart
but noanswer was found
no answer was sent from above

i have watched a thousand sunsets
i have read a dozen novels
i have searched and searched for an answer
none, nothing
not even a hint was there

you know i need you and i love you
but i must go out in this world
and break this fantasy
so i am walking away
running,crying away from you

tonight my beloved
i am praying
in the same room that i have prayed before
i'll force my self to sleep and drift some sorrow
for tomorrow i am letting you go...

No comments: