Saturday, October 03, 2009

ONNI

This is the Korean word for SISTER.



Anyway, my sister deserves a special post in my blog on her special day, her birthday!






I honestly do not recall the last time that we had the chance to celebrate our birthdays together. Being that she is always away, what we only expect from each other are birthday greetings over the phone or thru SMS, or just receiving gifts from a box.

Sad reality is, there would be another year, and another year and sadly another year that we won't be together during our birthdays. Actually I am not certain as to when she would really be home. She has plans of her own which I think are better than mine.

So to my dear sis...

Much as I wanted to have you here by our side, I know that the plans that you have made are not selfish and is for the good of the family. I cannot thank you enough for being such a great sister to me. From being a straightforward advisor to a perfect accomplice. You got me covered not only once. Ahehehe!!!

We only have each other sis... Aside from our kids and our parents. Let it be known that I will always be here. May not the best sis but you know that you can always count on me.

If we grow up alone with our kids, I hope we would be like Auntie Conching and our Grandma, who stood by each other until their last breath.

May you always be blessed for all the good things you've done. Sarangheyo!

No comments: