Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good News and Bad News

BAD NEWS

April 20, 2009, on my way home I suddenly realized that I dont have my phone with me. I had to call my friend to check if I left my phone in his car. He dropped me off somewhere in San Pedro since he lives there. But when I called him he said that my phone was not in his car. I panicked!!!

I called my number, it was ringing. But nobody answered it yet. I think it was on third call that someone answered. This was when I realized that I might have dropped my phone while I was walking to ride a jeep or when I was in the jeep. This got me torn.

The guy who had my phone was somewhat incomprehensible. Throughout the conversation, I had questions that were not directly answered. I know somehow that this was a futile attempt to get my phone back but I still insisted. The line got cut off and he never answered my call again.

I went to sleep in tears. I know all of you would agree that cellphone nowadays is a necessity. Although I have spare phones at home, I just cant let go of this phone. Why? Because it is filled with memories. It contains music, pictures and messages from people whom I loved. Aside from that, I just had this phone for 6 months. I havent even paid it up through my friend's credit card. So I was already thinking that I have to pay for the remaining months for nothing. And that I wouldnt be able to get a good phone again. :-(

When I woke up, I received a message from the guy who got my phone. He asked me to meet up with him after his work. So I did. I was keeping my hopes high that he would not deceive me or that this would not be his way of robbing me or something. And so I waited, like an hour. But time didnt bother me since what I just had in mind was to get my phone.

So the GOOD NEWS here was, I was able to retrieve my phone! Unbelievable? I cant believe it my self. This made my realize that still there are people who are honest enough to bring back your stuff. With his good heart, I rewarded him. More than what he expected. I saw the surprise on his face. But I know he deserved it. I would pay that much rather than to buy a new phone. :-)

I hope he is not the last person who has this kind of attitude. I hope there would be more like him. He is rare, I guess. So may God bless him and his family.

1 comment:

Mac & Hubbee said...

ah ganun. friend pala ha. may name ako oh!!! humanda ka sa akin. hintayin mo ang "Buh!" entry...