Thursday, April 23, 2009

Normal Forgetfulness

This is just a normal episode of forgetting a word or a person's name. It can also be forgetting some stuff you have at times. I said at times.

Why I posted about this is because I recently notice that I am forgetting a lot of stuff. I hate it. It may be a coincidence but having two or more in a day is somehow unacceptable.

So I had to check the reason, and thank you Google for the prompt reply. I will just post some since I dont think the other reasons are applicable to me.

Following physical and mental factors may affect your ability to remember:


- Normal aging (O my!!! Im getting old!!)
- Persistent mental thoughts or self-arguments debilitate mental make-up (hmmm... this may be patially true)
- Inattentiveness, mind far away from the actual physical surroundings (aheheh.. my mind is with him...)
- Habit of repeating the same mistakes again and again; do not learn from past experiences. (Does this mean, mistakes in your love life?)
- Persistent Depression - causing forgetfulness and lack of concentration. (hmmm... I get depress sometimes but not persistent!)
- Anxiety (oh yeah!)
- Other Emotional problems, tendency towards concealing grief, mental torture, fear, desperation, pessimism, impatience behavior, terror, panic, after effect of shock etc. (hmmm... could be...)
- Always thinks of the past and dwell upon past regrets and sorrows (swak na swak!!!)



In short, it has something to do with Negative Emotions. Emotional Imbalance.This is caused more by emotional than physical. Example given were bad relationship, poor self image, a history of abuse, stress, frustration. These may be some of the factors that change your overall attitude towards life which may directly impede your overall performance. Such tendencies are deep-rooted in mind and nurtured by excessive negative emotions.

So to lessen the Negative emotions, we have to psyche up. Balance Emotions. Psyche and shape your innate behaviour in a way to face every life challenge by avoiding pessimistic approach towards life.

And so the game is on... I will work on being optimistic on every thing. Good luck!!!

No comments: