Saturday, August 15, 2009

7 Years Ago....

Was surprised to get this picture from my sis after all these years! As most of you may have already known, I have been part of a band before getting into the call center industry. And this is me, with my first band - 3 vocalists with one pianist and one on sequencer.

Top L to R: Mae ann, Jerry and Aida
Sitting: Maria and me

Our first stint was in Isabela province ( where this picture was taken by the way )where we stayed for 2 months in the hotel where we had our contract. After that, we had a few gigs in Laguna, Cavite and Manila. I didnt pursue working with them since I had a different preference in terms of singing. Being young that I was, I want a "party" crowd.

I had my chance. The BIG break that I had been waiting for. In 2004, a friend's band was looking for an additional vocalist because the hotel where they signed the contract with required 4 vocalists. I jumped at the chance and left the band that I was with at that time. They were considerate enough to let me go. And because of that, I finally had the chance to go to Dubai - Claridge Hotel. I was not able to take a lot of pics there but check some of those I have.



With the drummer that we just met there.

One of the vocalists, I'm sorry I forgot her name.

The only camel I saw there.
At the entrance of the Filipino Club with Maria, the band manager.
So I guess even if I didn't end up as a good singer as my profession, still I'm happy that I was able to experience the night life, the pride and the glamor of being one even for a short while. I know it's not really meant for me. But I'm happy.



Hmmm... Am I prettier then?

No comments: