Friday, December 11, 2009

Godmother to Uno


It is a common practice in our country to celebrate a child's baptism. This is honestly the third time that I was asked to be one of the godmothers and attended the ceremony.
This time I am a godmother to a baby boy!

Welcome Uno Joaquin to the Christian World!!!

Together with a few colleagues, we witnessed the ceremony where baby Uno was baptised by water. According to the Bible, the symbolism of baptism declares that three things happen to believers who are baptized: (1) they die with Christ to their old self; (2) they rise with Christ to become a new creature; and (3) they are incorporated in their new life with a living community which looks for the coming of the Lord (Romans 6:1-11). Water Baptism.


Another part of the ceremony is the lighting of candles by the godfathers and godmothers. It demonstrates that the light it gives off is the light of Christ. The candle represents Jesus Christ, who said of himself, "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life." (John 8:12). Candle Lighting

With Yron and Abi.


Together with all Godmothers: (L-R) Kaye, Hazel's friend, Aldrin (Uno's dad), Hazel (Uno's mom), ME,Hazel's friend, Abi and Roxee.





Of course I have my big boy with me to witness the ceremony as well.


After the ceremony, can't wait to play with baby Uno! See baby Uno opened his mouth like I did!!!

And this makes it official, that Hazel and me are now "Magkumare"!!!

No comments: