Sunday, March 08, 2009

Best Friends

When I went out last Friday to finish something, a friend of mine had to ask why I go out on my own. He had to ask where my best friend is and why didnt I ask her to go out with me since he knows that I dont have a boyfriend at the moment.

I suddenly felt lonely ... After realizing that it has been months since I have last seen them and that I miss their company.

Yeah, I have 2 bestfriends. And they dont know each other. (Para walang away at selosan)

The first I have is Vina, whom I have met when I was in High School. It started out when I joined their dance group - TOO YOUNG GUYZ. Corny pa un pangalan aheheh!!! I was not asked to join by the way, ahehehe... I just volunteered.:-)

The rest is history so to speak. But what is vivid in my memory is that, she has been with me althrough out the years in High School. I was also her match maker and her chaperon, aheheh... I set up their secret meetings and I would relay messages for them. She ended up marrying that guy :-).... but not for long :-(



With Vina and her partner Borgie last December 2008.

The second is Ana, whom I have met when I was in college. Our beginning is a bit different from what I had with Vina. Ana and I started with a fight, a fight I really didnt intend to happen. Her personality is just different with mine. But after that incident, we realized that we have something for each other.

She has seen me in my most trying times. She was with me when I got pregnant and when I was still trying to recover from the pain of my failed relationship with the dad of my kid. I have spent some time with her and her family more than my own family when I was in college. I lived in their place and we slept in one bed ...just like real sisters.



During my visit last year at her place after 7 years of no communication.

Sad to say, we have our own priorities now. Ana has 2 kids already and is living in DasmariƱas, Cavite. Vina on the other hand, has one daughter and has a partner and is living in Sta. Rosa Laguna. I can try to do the effort to meet up with them, but I have my own priorities as well. I dont have the time in my hands. Plus, I have a different schedule. Though Vina and I both work at night, our rest days are different.

I really miss their friendship and their company. They are the people who know me inside and out. With whom I can tell my innermost thoughts. With whom I can be my self regardless of the situation.

I dont know if I would still have another one in this life time. Hopefully I can find one who will stick with me throughout the rest of my life.

No comments: