Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last Hurrah/Hoorah!!!: Performance Council

How would you like taking in calls and doing your task at the same time?

They may call it multitasking; I call it challenge!

This is what actually makes my job different and productive amongst all the call centers that I have worked with. It is only in this company that I felt that I am more than a customer service representative. That I am more than a front liner of the company, who is expected to assist customers with their issues and concern. That I am more than a representative who just sits down on my station, wear my headset and talk tirelessly most of the day. Tirelessly is not really the correct adjective since it is the opposite. But in this type of job, you would need to pretend that you are perky and sincere even if you are tired.

For the last 8 months, I have been privileged to be in the Performance Council. We call ourselves the Performance Coaches. This is a special group in our team that motivates, influences and strives to bring out the best in our teammates. We handle concerns regarding performance and the first point of contact in terms of any issues in our micro team. We monitor their performance by doing regular coaching sessions and continuously communicate with them for anything that they may be having challenges with. We also launch projects that we believe would help them improve their stats and be able to be recognized for a job well done. This, I think has been the most important part that we play – recognizing teammates and rewarding them for a job well done.

For the last 10 weeks of being in this council, I am proud to say that we’ve always had good scores – based on customers’ point of view. Anyone who works in this BPO industry would understand how important this survey is. I firmly believe that each coach has made an impact on the good results that we been getting. The fruit of our hard work! The Team Leader’s morale and influence has also boosted our performance. Why not? He, who brags about our team scores to the entire company (that’s what we call recognition) and boasts about the fun that we’re having while at work (that’s what we call creating an environment of great place to work). Actually, mahihiya kang hindi magachieve ng target sa stats kase hindi ka makakasama sa listahan!! Aheheh!

As with any beginnings, there must be an end. This is not a sad ending though. By the end the second quarter, we might all be assigned to a new council, with new tasks, new challenges, new "ngarag" moments, new pressures and new set of people to deal with. Did mention dealing with pressures?

With a lot of these new "whatever", we take them as a challenge. Embrace them. This is part of the honing process. We need to expose ourselves in different tasks. To be a Jack of all trade. To be more efficient. To be well-rounded. To be a certified Protege.

This would only be the chance that I can say thank you to the Performance Coaches that I have worked with.

To Sherrie, who has been very effective in all sort of ways. You are the asset in this council. I can not thank you enough for being the pillar of the team.




To Roxee, who has grown up to be more matured with all the challenges in this council. I am very proud of all the improvements that I've seen in you.



To Rain, who has also embraced the task without any doubt and has freely spoken your mind. I appreciate your straightforwardedness. This is not something I have so I admire you for this.




Lastly, to Carol who despite the new environment, didnt falter and has found ways to fit in. Who has also contributed a lot of ideas and sensible comments to make the council productive.




Also would like to thank Rob and Valerie, who used to be Performances Coaches as well and has now been assigned to a more challenging task.

This is not the end but a start of a new beginning. Goodluck to all of us!



Syempre hindi pedeng wla ako... Ahehehe!!!

2 comments:

Mac & Hubbee said...

nice! love it! kaiyak naman ito. farewell blog for performance council...

Jiltedsummer said...

korek. masayang malungkot... hayzzz...