Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mom's Day '09




Among the many sweet thoughts sent to me thru YM and SMS on Mother's day, I have received this simple but very memorable gift from my team. Of course initiated by my TL!

Well, for single moms like me, Mother's day is not a day where her husband and her kids would be taking her out for a treat. Most often than not, its just one of those regular days. Though I remember one time, when I was still working in CVG, I won the Mother's Day picture contest. I won a treat in Vivere but I didn't get the chance to use it for reasons I can no longer recall. But then again, I guess there are just some people who are making a good change on how u see life. And my colleagues are doing great with this. :-)

Anyway, my mom and my dad had a celebration that night. I wasn't able to join them since I have work. Though I should say I miss going out with the entire family. Whew! Sometimes life can be just easy for me.

For my mom, I know I have not been the best daughter that you could wish for. I know a lot of things hinder us from being a good partner. And I know that sometimes we do things that both disappoint us and draw us farther. But let it be known that despite all these, I would not replace you with any mothers in the world.

I saw you suffer for us. I saw u crawl. I saw how u bore the pain emotionally and physically of bringing me and my sis up for the most part of our lives. I heard your cries of hurts of being a father and a mother. I heard your complaints. I heard you wished that things would be easier for us. I felt the longing in your heart to give us what can make us happy. I felt your sadness when you climb up the stage to receive our awards and you were all by your self. I also felt how you could have wished that you could turn back time and made a good decision.

I hope I can be brave as you are. I hope my friends would also call me a survivor for all the things that life has challenged me. I hope that just as you are, I can still smile despite the load that you have in your heart. And I just hope it is not too late for us to make it up for all that you've done and may God help me to make life easy for you.



Me, my Mom Angie and my stepdad Bill

No comments: